Thursday, August 23, 2007

Kiddos Update June 2007








Ethan just turned 3! Wow time really flies! He is still a great kid, although I can already tell that this year will be more trying that the terrible twos. I’m not sure how but he has managed to pick up the concept of lying. If one parent tells him not to do something he will quickly respond with “daddy said yes”. He loves to do puzzles (he definitely gets this from me!) and will spend hours doing them. In fact yesterday he got 3 new 24 piece puzzles and did each of them on his own in under 15 mins. I sure hope the 48 piece puzzles arrive soon to keep him occupied. Here is a pic of Ethan "rollerblading". Really he is just walking in them. But, he loves them. We tried our first organized class this week. He went to tumbling class where mom or dad participates with him. What an adventure! He followed directions for about 15-20 minutes of the 45 min class and then he was done and wanted to sit and watch. Granted some of the other kids were also having some trouble following directions for the entire class, but Ethan was by far the worst. I’m sure glad we have him in this before his preschool class starts in August. As you can see from this picture he is extremely helpful cleaning around the house. :) Some days he will have the entire bathroom soapy in the time it takes to change paigy’s diaper! He has made terrific progress on potty training. I had been sitting him on the potty before bath time. One day he went by accident. Then he got a jelly bean (we had been trying this bribe for weeks with no luck). For the next couple of days he was trying to pee every 2-3 minutes just for the jelly bean. Poor Daddy this was a long few days since I was working. Then we started stamps after each potty. After 5 stamps he got a jelly bean. The bribe was still a lollipop for a stinky in the potty. My mother’s day gift from him was him doing a stinky unprompted in the potty! J We now consider him potty trained at home. We haven’t made him try the real potty yet because he is still intimidated by it. We’ll start in another week or so. I know that was probably too much info for most of you, but I still had to share.

Paige is almost 5 months old. At her 4 month check up she was 16lbs 11oz (>95th%) and 25 ½ in (90th%) with a 50% head. She’s a big baby. She has figured out how to use her hands and loves to play with toys sitting up, on her back, tummy, or in her exersaucer. She rolls from her back to her tummy regularly, but has only gone back to her back once. So she is still not mobile, yet. She is still a very happy, quite baby. She is still a good sleeper if you put her down in her crib, on our bed, or in her swing. She doesn’t really sleep on us. The only exception is Papa. She always falls asleep in his arms, she sure loves her Papa!

Ryan and I are both doing well. I just hit the big 3-0 and Ryan will in less than 2 weeks. I just applied for a temporary job in China with Intel. I will interview Jun18 and should know by end of June. If I get the job we would stay here until spring/summer of 2009 and then spend 2-3 years in Dalian (northwest China). Nandee (Ryan’s mom) is not too thrilled, but she says she’ll come visit. My family is happy about it and saving their money for a visit. Ryan and I are really excited and hope I get the job.


Roo in a front end loader!! He thought it was cool, but he was also scared of it because it was "youd" (loud).


Paigy with Dante and Isaiah.

No comments: